Friday, July 15, 2011

... So what do we do now?

Is it the end of an era?

I remember watching or reading Harry Potter when I was in college. My friend lent me her books and thus began our group's fascination with all things HP. Much like what I imagine teens are doing these days with their Twilight books, we hugged our hardbound Harry Potter books to our chests and discussed our theories over our lunch breaks. When the movie came out, I remember our panic when we couldn't find tickets for a first day screening and we had to rush to Rockwell after our classes ended.

But yesterday was to be the last time we'll be able to have that rush of anticipation. Tickets bought two weeks beforehand, I met up with my friend Iya, her friends, and my two cousins to watch the final film installment of the series at SM Mall of Asia IMAX Theater.

Cousins

So much had changed and I feel like we've grown up with Harry, Ron, and Hermione throughout the years. I felt sentimental as the film drew to a close. Thinking about it, it was like the final moments of Buffy the Vampire Slayer's 7th season when Dawn asks, "What do we do now, Buffy?" Indeed, what do we do now the Harry Potter has ended? The general concensus is, I guess, to wait for Pottermore and see what it's all about.

 Smiling (well, except for me) before the movie

Sad (?) after the movie

For now, or until October when Pottermore opens at least, I'd like to say thank you to J.K. Rowling and the whole cast and crew of the Harry Potter films. So long, and thanks for all the memories.

Just because... I want to show that I'm wearing my new shoes!

No comments :

Post a Comment