Thursday, July 7, 2011

A feather in my cap


...Well, not exactly in my cap. But it does go in my head.

I'm seeing a lot of feathers on stuff lately. I thought that it was so over, but they are suddenly on everything again like on necklaces and earrings. I'm not one for them, really, but I do like them jauntily perched on a fedora hats.

Still, I couldn't help myself from trying out making my own feather headband. I was inspired by one of the feather headbands by Cara Accessories that I saw at Polyvore.

Well, ta-da! It's not the same, but I think it's pretty neat for a first try. I only used this glue that I bought at Carolina's that I thought was just Elmer's Glue. Still, it held pretty well and now I'm getting the urge to make more headbands. I always get this way when I discover a new craft.


This will probably end up with my cousin again or maybe my niece, but I still had fun trying it on.

No comments :

Post a Comment