Saturday, May 4, 2013

Meet Katie

My Katie
 
I did it! I finally bought my first sewing machine! And I am beginning to wonder why it took me so long to do so.

I have a habit of naming my machines/gadgets like my computer, my phone, my hard drives... This one I named Katie - inspired by one of my fashion icons Kate Middleton aka the Duchess of Cambridge.

It's a BM2600 and the exterior is white with violet details, and since violet is associated with royalty, I thought it was really fitting.

I am so glad that I figured out how to set it up on my own. You can't imagine how excited I was when I successfully winded my first bobbin!

My first few stitches using Katie

Now I am really itching to do more sewing projects. Perhaps I can scour the 'net for those that are targeted for beginners like me. :)

Meg

No comments :

Post a Comment