Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Progress

I learned how to use the edging machine today. I found that it was relatively easier to use than the sewing machine, but I still made a lot of mistakes before I got the semi-hang of it.

 Edges

It does help that I had light, comfortable flats on. I think the reason why I had such a big problem with controlling the pedal on the sewing machine during my first day was that I was wearing my Converse sneakers which were kind of heavy. So, I'll keep that in mind from now on.

Love these flats from Forever21

This was my third lesson and I hope my instructor isn't too disappointed with me because of my lack of progress. In my defense, I don't get to practice my sewing skills besides the once-a-week class. That's why I decided to finally take the plunge and buy myself that sewing machine this week. I'm already in the pot, so why not go all in, right?

We're going to do the first project next week - an unlined pencil cut skirt. So excited! I already have an image of it and will probably go crazy at the fabric store later on picking out materials. Sewing it will be a different story, though, cause I still haven't mastered the locks and zippers and all that stuff. Hopefully when I get my sewing machine later I'll be able to practice and improve my skills.

 Meg

No comments :

Post a Comment