Wednesday, April 10, 2013

The Start

Every journey begins with the first step. This particular one of mine begins when I finally decided to go a nearby fashion school and inquire about their sewing lessons.

Maybe this journey has started way before - when I was a kid paging through fashion illustrations of women's business suits that my mother brought home from a tailor. Maybe it was when I myself started drawing girls with no faces with pretty dresses when I was in grade school. Maybe it was when I started doodling on the sides of my textbook instead of listening to my college professors.

Well, college ended a long, long time ago and I'm still doodling.

I don't know where this journey is going to take me. For all I know, sewing and fashion isn't really for me. But at this point in my life, I decided that I don't want to wonder anymore. It's better that I find out once and for all. Stop all that wishing and start doing. And who knows - maybe this will really end up being something that I would consider my life's work or passion.

So this here is a sort of diary chronicling this journey. And if you're reading this, I hope you'll stay with me one stitch at a time.

Meg

No comments :

Post a Comment