Sunday, May 5, 2013

Book Haul

I've been visiting the fashion aisle of my neighborhood bookstore lately. Here are some of the books that I took home with me.

(L-R) Paris Street Style, Fashionary, and Drawing Fashion & Style

I love French women's effortless sense of style which is most commonly described as je ne sais quoi - something that cannot be defined, but it is attractive or pleasing. How do they do it? Paris Street Style is filled with interviews and tips so you can achieve even a little of that certain something that makes French women chic.



Some pages from the book

The Fashionary is something that I've wanted to buy for the longest time but, like learning how to sew, took ages for me to actually do. In my mind, there's a certain level of commitment that was involved in buying it - meaning that I am definitely going to learn fashion design/sewing.

And how cute is the pink cover and the mint ribbon?

I got the Fashionary first and then the drawing book a few days later because I thought I needed help in doing fashion illustrations. I definitely have to make some time reading and practicing that book.

Meanwhile, I did a page on my Fashionary - copying the three outfits from Paris Street Style that I posted above.


I haven't colored them in yet because I'm not sure if the paper will stand up to watercolors or colored pens. 

As a side note, I am thinking of taking a watercolor class for beginners. I already know the basics but that was a long time ago and I haven't been practicing so this will be like a refresher course for me.

Never too late. :)

Meg

No comments :

Post a Comment