Thursday, June 2, 2011

Messy ballerina bun

After getting ballet (sort-of) flats, I just had to complete the look, right?

Nah. I just really wanted to tie my hair up into a messy ballerina bun for the longest time. I've seen this style with models, celebrities, and on Japanese magazines but never could figure out how they were able to do it. Also, my hair wasn't as long as it is now so this was finally my moment to try out this refreshing hairstyle.


 Feels like I have a dumpling on top of my head...


Sideways view

I learned how to do mine using the video tutorial below, which is just for the standard ballerina bun. Of course, mine turned out to be messy (which is basically my style anyway) but I think it looks better. The way it looks like it's going to topple any second brings some suspense and drama to the look, haha...



Easy, right?

I think I'm going to do my hair up this style a lot. Gotta take advantage of the current length of my hair because I don't know when I'm going to go crazy and chop it all off again. For a little variety, I think this hairstyle will also look great with a ribbon tied up on the base of the bun or maybe a hair pin - kinda like the one you see in those period dramas. If you also move it a little bit nearer to your nape, you can wear a thin and dainty headband. Very, very versatile 'do, indeed.

No comments :

Post a Comment