Monday, March 14, 2011

Why don't you try... Mismatched Earrings

my cupcake and ice cream earrings

Random, weird fact about me: I have asymmetrical ears. By that, I mean my left ear is different from my right that if you only saw my ears, you would think that each belonged to a different person. Yes, I am a freak of nature. One good thing about it - I have an excuse for being a dud on the dance floor.

Despite this, it never occurred to me to wear different, mismatched earrings. At least, not until I came upon this cute stud earring set at a bazaar.

I quickly snapped them up and, despite feeling silly at first, began wearing them. I find that it adds a little fun and whimsy to my outfit. Of course, I won't be putting them on to a business meeting or something formal like that. But for the weekend when I'm just hanging with friends, that cupcake and ice cream cheers me right up!

I imagine that there are a lot of bazaars and online stores that sell this type of earrings, but I think the ones in Accessorize are really pretty. I especially like the Teatime set. They sell for Php 750 and you get 10 eclectic but complementary earrings.

But if you're on a tight budget, why not try mixing up the earrings in your jewelry box? Even better, try it with a friend for a bigger pile to experiment on.

No comments :

Post a Comment