Saturday, June 1, 2013

Sewing pattern books


I've always seen it before in the bookstore, but I never saw the need to buy one until now. In the shelf by the craft section are Japanese clothing books with patterns included inside.


Sure, I can't read or understand Japanese (yet), but the instructions are more or less self-explanatory. 


I got the children's clothing books because the one for women were all winter edition and that would absolutely get no use over here in my country. Makes you wonder why they even had that in the bookstore.

Anyway, I figured that the important thing was to get a feel for the designs and pattern so I could adapt them to grown women's sizes. In the meantime, I will be sewing a lot of dresses for my friends' children.


While I was there, I also saw a local book - Basic Course in Pattern and Dressmaking by Yoko Shirane Venzuela. 



Now, this I could understand. And yet, I don't. LOL. Okay, not exactly. But that is why I go to the institute and attend my sewing lessons.

Eventually I'll get it. ;)

Meg

No comments :

Post a Comment