Friday, November 9, 2012

Midnight in Paris


There are some movies that are just so damn charming, so damn delightful that you want to tell your friends all about it. Well, my friends (or whoever you are who is reading this), I want to tell you about Midnight in Paris.

Look, now here's the trailer:


Now, as charming as that was, it isn't as charming as the whole film. In fact, I would have to say that it's even a little misleading. There's a lot going on in and for this movie than this little two-minute trailer.

But I guess that's part of the magic that comes with the film. When I watched it, I had no expectations about the film or about Woody Allen like some film critics do. I didn't expect at all to be entertained. But like the protagonist, Gil Pender (played by Owen Wilson), when that clock struck midnight and that old car stops by - I knew I was in for a wonderful ride.

I don't want to spoil what happens next, but just believe me that it's an adventure that I myself would want to go on. One word for it: Magical.

There's so much more that I want to say about this film, but instead of boring you with it all - just go and watch the film already. It's only 94 minutes of your life. Do it.

You're welcome.

No comments :

Post a Comment