Wednesday, September 14, 2011

A grown-up wish list

I turned 28 today. 28. Wait, let me check... Yup. Still 28. I can hardly believe it. Where have the years gone?

I know I shouldn't be complaining. Pssh. There are a lot of older people than I am. But still, every time it's your birthday there's a feeling like "whoa there, are you sure about what you're doing?" I guess that's the use of birthdays. It reminds you to think about your existence on this earth.

So, sans egg pie, I will now reflect on what I really want for my birthday this year.


1. I wish I'd talk less. I don't look like it, but I think I'm quite the chatterbox. I have the tendency to over share and talk and talk and talk. I wish that now that I am older, I would learn how to talk less and listen more. Besides the fact that it will give me the air of mystery (yeah, right), it will hopefully make me more understanding too.


2. I wish I'd finally get serious. Maybe it's the company I keep, but we really don't feel that old. Or is it that we haven't reached that stage yet? But, yeah... We still feel like we're teenagers sometimes. We like to watch movies, anime, play online games, and wear sneakers. I keep telling myself that it's okay, but there are also times I wish I'd start getting to those plans and dreams I had when I was still a teenager. I said then, "when I'm older"... now I guess I am.


3. I wish for more courage. I don't mean not to be scared of flying cockroaches or rats (because I don't think I can get over that), but to be more courageous about doing and experiencing new things. I've always been cautious and that may have limited me in a lot of ways. I'm still going to be cautious, but I have to start stepping out of my comfort zone.

There are still a lot of things I wish for. A good night's sleep for the rest of my life, more good friends, good health to all my loved ones... More than physical things, I want those more. Heh. Maybe I am growing up.

So here's to hoping Somebody up there is reading this and grant me my wishes.

***

All images taken from Pinterest. Credits to original owners.

No comments :

Post a Comment