Tuesday, May 3, 2011

May Day Hair

I've been meaning to go to the salon for the longest time. Unintentionally, my hair was following the ombre trend - two-toned tresses with a darker hue on top. See Rachel Bilson for an example of ombre hair.


Well, yeah. Mine didn't look that pretty. Mine looked like exactly what it was - the hair of a person who was too lazy to retouch her roots. LOL.

So I finally went to my salon and hair stylist today. Is it kind of elitist to call him hair stylist? I don't know what else to call him. The name card says 'stylist' so I guess we'll go with that.

My stylist's name is Rick. He's a senior stylist at the First Aid Salon over at Greenbelt 3. He's really great and he knows my hair well. I think I've been going to him for three years already? I think what sold me on him is that he didn't force me to have my hair rebonded or relaxed, like most tell me to do. Actually, I thought about it one time but he even discouraged me from doing it! And you know how expensive having your hair straightened can be. So, since then, I've been embracing my natural curls which he cuts so wonderfully that it doesn't look like my hair exploded around me.

 The end result:


Anyway, I'm pretty happy with my hair right now (Despite the non-smiling pic above!). It's all in one color now so I won't have to disguise it with hats and headbands anymore. I wanted to go a bit red, and I did tell Rick, but he said that it has a tendency to become orange. As much as orange is the trend right now, I think I'll keep my ash brown (?) hair color, thank you very much. I've been receiving compliments and questions about it so I guess I'll stick with what works.

Of course, the true test is when you lose the glamor of salon hair and shampoo it on your own. Nothing I can do about that. Until then, just enjoy it, right?

***

First Aid Salon
2nd Level, Greenbelt 3,
Ayala Center, Makati City
757-4976

Arabian Sky frame: maybemej

No comments :

Post a Comment